Sunday, 16 August 2015
Inadequacies in Railways' health care system for the retired employees:
On 13.08.2015 Sh A.P Nagrath Advisor IR Rly Bd.(Retd.) Patron RREWA Gurgaon(An affiliate of BPS) along with DR Y.P. Anand CRB (Retd.) & Sh M.P. Budhiraja met Hon'ble MOSR & apprised him of the factual situation in regard to the health care of retired railway.The delegation proposed to the Hon'ble MOSR as follows:
- On long term basis, IR may adopt ECHS scheme, which is for ex-servicemen and has proved to be a great success. ( Of course there are 45 lakh ECHS beneficiaries as against about 4 lakh RELHS beneficiaries, so IR may need to augment their facilities only at a much smaller scale)
- In the meantime All hospitals and diagnostic laboratories recognised by CGHS should be accorded recognition by IR at CGHS rates. This should be done in a time-bound manner.
- As an immediate measure, the instructions issued by Railway Board on 18.7.2012 in regard to treatment in emergencies, must be implemented forthwith, holding the Zonal Railways accountable.
- Reimbursement claims must be settled in a time-bound manner fixing accountability.
- Earlier BPS sent twits on this issue to Hon'ble P.M. & The Hon'ble Minister for Railways and also discussed in detail with 7th CPC. BPS hope for positive results soon